Implants are all the rage in modern dentistry because they offer benefits that other tooth-replacement options simply don’t… however, there are pros and cons that each patient should be aware of, and some important facts to know about implants, before deciding to go forward with getting them.
1. Implants have a 30+ year track record of success! Decades ago, implants were experimental, and many people still think of them that way. But 30 years is long enough for dental professionals to know what to expect from them—who they’re for, who they’re not for… and how they’ll impact patients’ lives.
2. Implants address the bigger problems of tooth loss (not just cosmetics). When you lose a tooth, your other teeth soon begin to shift into the open space. You also begin to lose bone in the jaw where the tooth was, which over time can give your whole face a “sunken-in” look. These conditions can be very harmful to a person’s body-image, and can impact nutrition. Other solutions (such as bridges or dentures) can replace teeth; yet none address these problems.
3. Implants are low-maintenance! They can be used to restore one tooth, multiple teeth, or a whole arch—and they often last a lifetime, with no out-of-the-ordinary oral hygiene requirements for patients. (Compare this with the work of, for example, flossing around bridges, or keeping dentures well-maintained and comfortable.)
4. Implants may take 4-to-8 months to complete. The dentist’s first step will be to make sure there’s enough bone remaining in the jaw to support implants. If not, the site will have to be grafted and healing takes about 4 months. If there is enough bone, the implant can be placed and it will take about 4 months for the bone to fuse with it—so it can hold the crown securely for years to come.
5. Some advertisers are using bait-and-switch tactics. As a consumer, you should be aware that there are three separate components to a dental implant: the implant (the replacement “root” which fuses into the bone)… the crown (the replacement tooth)… and the abutment (which connects the implant and the crown). Unfortunately, some advertisers confuse patients into thinking they’re getting the whole treatment for a reduced price, when they’re really offering only the implant at the quoted price. If you call around, be sure to ask whether the quote is for all three parts.
Why Choose Enamel Newport Beach?
At Enamel, we make getting the smile you want simple, pain-free, and affordable. We offer straightforward, honest pricing and competitive specials on implants year-round, and always offer zero-interest long-term financing through Care Credit—so you can choose a payment plan that fits comfortably within your monthly budget.
Also: We are specialists in anxiety- and pain-free dentistry. We offer the largest variety of anesthetic options available today… so no matter what you have in mind for your smile, we can help you achieve it… even if you’ve always been anxious about visiting the dentist, or are concerned about pain.
If you would like to talk with an experienced implant specialist today, simply call (949) 873-0022. We’ll provide immediate answers to any questions you have or schedule a time for you to stop by, tour the office, and meet Dr. Joe in person. Complimentary consultations include HD intra-oral photos, and are meant to be informative and pressure-free, so you can make the decision that’s right for you.
Note: We offer lunchtime, evening and Saturday afternoon appointments for your convenience.
Naturally, you’ll have many questions to consider before making a decision, and we’ll be happy to provide information: simply call (949) 873-0022 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org today.