Patients always come into our cosmetic dental office and ask about veneers. Porcelain Veneers has been a buzz word for the public because of the dramatic difference they see in the smiles of celebrities. As a cosmetic dentist it is my job to talk with the patient on what they want for their smile. Lots of patients want to improve their smile but don't know if they need veneers, invisalign or even bonding.
During your free consultation at Enamel we take high definition photos of your teeth and smile to see what your goals are. Whenever choosing a dentist to do cosmetic work make sure they do the proper work up by taking photos and really listening to you to design your smile. The worst thing that can happen is that you invest time and money and your veneers doesn't come out the way you want it.
So what are veneers?
- Veneers are porcelain shells that fit over your teeth to make a dramatic difference in the shape, color, and position of your smile.
What are porcelain veneers made out of?
- Veneers are made out of different types of porcelain. They can be made out of feldspathic porcelain for a more natural look; zirconia for a more opaque look; and Emax which is a good mix of both. When choosing a cosmetic dentist to do your veneers you need to be confident that they choose the right porcelain for the look you are trying to achieve.
How many porcelain veneers do I need?
- This all depends on the look you are trying to achieve. During your consultation at enamel we discuss your goals and really listen to come up with the right amount of veneers.
Why do some porcelain veneers look fake?
- This is why we preach to be weary of who you choose to be your cosmetic dentist. Not only do you want a to pick a good dentist but you need to choose a dentist that uses a great lab to make the veneers or you can end up with that opaque chiclet look. At our office we show before and after photos of similar patients so that you can see what we can deliver.
How much do dental veneers cost?
- Veneers can range from $1000-$3500 per tooth. Our office is on the lower end of this range and provides a quality local lab that does beautiful work. We offer interest free no interest financing so cost won't be a barrier for getting the veneers you've always wanted!!
Please give our office a call and schedule your free consultation to find out a detailed treatment plan of how great your smile can be!